Ever wonder why dentists tell you to brush twice a day?
It’s because it only takes about 12 hours for harmful bacteria in your mouth to regenerate after you brush and floss your teeth. With 24 hours in a day, well, you can do the math.
Seems logical enough, right? That’s why it’s not hard to convince most people that daily oral hygiene is important.
But what about those who believe you don’t need to do much beyond that? Who think that regular dental cleanings aren’t that big a deal or that you don’t really need to visit the dentist unless there’s a problem?
Our team at Northwest Dental Group has the answers!
We’re telling you why preventive dentistry in Rochester, MN is something to keep on your summer priority list!
Being Proactive Prevents Dental Problems!
Prevention means taking a proactive approach, so brushing and flossing is the first part of the healthy smile equation.
The next part is to visit Northwest Dental Group at least twice a year for dental cleanings and exams. That’s where you can take advantage of our preventive dentistry services to keep oral health problems like tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease from developing or to catch them at their earliest stages.
Our strategy is to remove plaque and tartar to prevent buildup and to provide ways to fortify your teeth and gums against harmful bacteria.
We can keep your mouth healthy with:
- Comprehensive Dental Exams
- Early Detection Technology
- Athletic Mouthguards
- Nutritional Counseling
- Fluoride Treatments & Dental Sealants
What Else Are You Preventing?
Along with tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease, there are other problems you can avoid with preventive dental treatment in Rochester, MN:
- Costly Dental Treatments – By staying on top of your dental health with easy routine cleanings and exams, you’re keeping potential issues with your smile from becoming more complicated. That means you’re saving money on costly solutions down the road.
- Complicated Procedures – Dental anxiety is often at the heart of serious oral health deterioration, so while you might think it’s a good idea to avoid the dentist office unless there’s a problem, you could be making things worse for yourself by letting small dental issues worsen. If you’re afraid of dental checkups, you definitely don’t want to intensify your anxiety with more complicated procedures.
- Cosmetic Dental Flaws – As your teeth and gums become plagued by hardened plaque, tooth decay, gum infections, and dental damage, your smile’s appearance and your confidence will ultimately pay a price. Preventive treatments keep your smile healthy, and a healthy smile is a more attractive one!
- Health Complications – There’s no denying the connection between a healthy mouth and a healthy body. Studies show that gum disease infection, if allowed to enter your bloodstream, can cause massive destruction throughout your body and create serious health complications like stroke, diabetes, and heart disease, to name a few.
Schedule An Appointment!
Of all your summer priorities, maintaining good oral and overall health should be at the top of your list.
Let us help you with our preventive dentistry services at Northwest Dental Group!