Dental Implants Don’t Require Any Special Treatment
Just because you need to get replacement teeth doesn’t mean that you have to change up your oral hygiene and perform special care. To replace your damaged or missing teeth with highly convincing tooth replacement options, call Northwest Dental Group at 507-216-6252 to book a consultation with us to learn all about dental implants.
Unlike some dentists that might refer you out to a specialist to have implants placed, we can place implants and top them with a variety of restorative dentistry options at both of our Rochester, MN dentist offices, including:
- Same-day dental crowns to fill the gap left by an individual tooth
- Dental bridges, to replace one or more adjacent missing teeth
- Dentures, to give you back all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both for a full-mouth reconstruction
- All-on-4® or All-on-6 dental implants which provide a full-arch tooth replacement and only require four or six implants for a strong foundation
We’ll explain how to easily care for your implants below, but they have many other perks that you should also know about because they:
- Can last for many years or even the rest of your life if you take good care of them
- Help to prevent jawbone deterioration, helping you maintain your youthful look, because they fill the space in your jawbone formerly filled by your tooth roots
- Provide a very strong bite – some patients regain up to 90 percent of their natural chewing power
- Are very convincing in how they look, feel, and function
- Do not require any preparation of your healthy surrounding teeth to be placed, as traditional dental bridges do
If you are concerned about the cost of dental implants, you’ll be happy to know that we accept a large variety of payment options and also offer a five percent discount if you can pay for your treatment in-full on the day of service using cash or check.
To better accommodate you in terms of time, we also offer some extended hours that many other dentists who stick to a nine-to-five don’t. Both of our locations:
- Open early at 7:00 a.m. Monday through Friday
- Close late at 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Our office at 1615 14th Street NW Rochester, MN 55901 also offers Saturday appointments from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Take Care Of Your Dental Implants Just Like Your Natural Teeth
Patients love that implants are convincing in how they look and function, but they also rave about how easy they are to care for, especially if they’ve used traditional dentures that are held in place by suction and a special adhesive.
Regardless of what tooth replacement option you top your implants with, you’ll be able to care for them just like you would your natural teeth. You won’t have to deal with messy adhesives, take your replacement teeth out to soak overnight, or invest in any special cleaning products. All you’ll need to do is:
- Brush for two minutes at a time, twice a day, using a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste
- Floss between all of your teeth, including your replacement ones, at least once a day
- Visit a dentist every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam
- Swish an American Dental Association Approved mouthwash or rinse in your mouth if recommended or desired
If you have any questions about implants when you are visiting us, feel free to ask. We will listen intently to your questions, answer them using accessible language, and ensure that you get an answer that satisfies your curiosity. If you have any concerns, you can let us know about those as well. We’ll make sure you feel heard and understood.
To improve your overall experience, we offer a few amenities. For example, while we work on your smile, you can kick back and watch a show or movie on one of the TVs we have in every care room.
Before we place implants, we will numb the area with an anesthetic so you won’t feel a thing. We can also boost your comfort level and help relieve your dental anxiety with dental sedation options if you wish. If there’s anything we can do to make you more comfortable, just say the word!
If you’re curious if you’re a good candidate for dental implants, call Northwest Dental Group at 507-216-6252. You can also use our handy online form to book or ask questions or just stop by in person at one of our two Rochester, MN locations.