Preventative Dentistry in Rochester, MN
Your teeth and gums are an important part of your mouth, and if you do not take care of one of them, the others will experience problems as well. When you work with the team at Northwest Dental Group, we will help you with all of your preventative dental care. We believe that prevention is the best medicine, and it is much better to catch a problem earlier than later in a more severe and painful stage.
Dental Consultations to Educate You
When you come in for a dental exam, we will take time to consult with you and teach you how to properly brush, floss, and care for your teeth. We understand that some patients do not understand the correct way to care for their teeth and gums, and that is why we are here to work with you. By taking the time to teach you and show you what to do, you will be able to better care for your teeth and prevent some common dental conditions.
Dental Decay and Cavities
One of the biggest reasons people seek out dental care is because they are experiencing some type of tooth pain, which is likely caused by cavities and dental decay. Cavities are caused from bacteria that is left on your teeth, usually from plaque that forms on your teeth after eating. The bacteria begins to eat away at the tooth’s enamel and form a hole. If the hole is not filled in time, the hole will grow larger and eventually, dental decay can consume your entire tooth.
Dr. Sperling is very nice. He is good with conversation and keeping you relaxed. He is probably one of the most knowledgeable doctors I’ve ever seen. Just keeping you comfortable but still kind of making sure you know what’s going on with your teeth and keeping you healthy. I used to be kind of nervous because I didn’t keep up with my hygiene but they kind of got me on track and got me on a good routine so I’m not really as nervous any more about pain or the flossing part even. All the doctors are really good here. It doesn’t matter who you get, you’re going to get a great doctor. It is a very friendly environment, very welcoming staff. Everybody tries to make you as comfortable as possible and just overall above and beyond customer service really.
Preventative Dentistry Services We Offer
Either at your cleaning or during a separate appointment, we offer the following preventative treatments to get your oral health back on track.
- Fluoride treatments: Taking advantage of this natural decay-prevention mineral, we offer concentrated forms of fluoride treatments, including fluoride varnish.
- Sealants: If you or your child are cavity prone, you may benefit from these clear protectors over your molars (back teeth), whose grooves and indentations allow plaque to accumulate.
- Nutritional counseling: Most people know that sugary foods and sodas aren’t good for your teeth, but the list doesn’t stop there. We’ll provide you with nutritional advice that can make a big difference in your oral health – both foods to avoid and foods that will actually help keep your mouth healthy.
- Dental cleanings and exams: We recommend that you and your family come in twice a year for cleanings and exams. With our exams and digital X-rays, we can help find problems early as well as keep your teeth clean by getting into the nooks and crannies even the best brushers and flossers can’t reach at home.
- Mouthguards: Athletics and bruxism (teeth grinding) are two factors that can damage your teeth. Our custom mouthguards prevent damage and keep your teeth in tact. We can even customize our sports guards for your child or your child’s entire team!
- Fillings: Our tooth-colored fillings blend seamlessly into your smile to protect your teeth from further damage, while our amalgam, gold, and zirconium fillings provide strong decay protection that can last decades.
- Root canals: Sometimes decay can become so severe that the inside of your tooth becomes infected. To prevent an extraction, we often perform root canals to get rid of the decayed portion of your tooth.
- Sleep apnea solutions: As experts in the entire facial region, our doctors also provide sleep apnea treatments that can open your airway and prevent loud snoring.
Whether you are an adult or a child in Rochester, we offer the preventative dentistry treatments you need to keep your teeth and gums healthy. We look forward to providing you with the best care throughout the local area.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you are ready to come in for your dental cleaning and exam, give Northwest Dental Group a call today at 507-216-6252 to schedule your appointment for preventative dentistry in Rochester, MN. If you are unable to call our office right now, you can fill out our convenient appointment form, and one of our dental team members will call you to confirm an appointment day and time.
We are always here to help you, and we look forward to working with you to care for your teeth.