Dental Cleanings & Exams
Dental Cleanings & Exams in Rochester, MN | Northwest Dental Group Chelsea on the Convenience of Northwest Dental Group Dental exams and dental cleanings are an essential part of your family’s oral health. So we make sure our exams at Northwest Dental Group are thorough. We make sure they are pleasant, too, so your family will look forward to seeing our Rochester, MN dentists twice a year for their exams!
To schedule your biannual dental exams and dental cleanings, call Northwest Dental Group at 507-216-6252.
How We Welcome New Patients
At both Northwest Dental Group locations, we greet our new patients warmly at the front desk and give them an office tour. You will see the high-tech dental equipment we use, such as our digital X-ray machine. You will meet our caring staff and be given a welcome gift.
If you haven’t downloaded our new patient forms and filled them out prior to your appointment, you can do so before seeing our Rochester, MN dentists.
What Happens at Your Dental Cleaning & Exam
Dental cleanings and exams for new patients take roughly an hour and a half. Less time is required for returning patients. Here is what you can expect during your checkup:
- Examination of your mouth and teeth, accompanied by discussion of any dental concerns
- Oral cancer screening
- Treatment of any urgent needs, such as severely decayed teeth
- Teeth cleaning, during which we remove plaque and tartar that can cause tooth decay
- Development of your treatment plan, which may include preventative dentistry treatments such as dental sealants or application of fluoride
- X-rays of your teeth
Our Top Dental Technology
We use the latest dental technology to examine your family’s teeth. This includes:
- DIAGNOdent, a handheld tool that helps our Rochester, MN dentists detect cavities in their earliest stages.
- Digital X-rays, which produce clear digital images of your mouth and teeth. No waiting for film to develop!
- Digital panoramic X-rays, which offer a view of your entire mouth in a single image.
- Intraoral camera, a handheld camera that lets our dentists easily share images of your mouth with you as they work.