At Northwest Dental Group, we do more than dental exams and teeth replacements. We can improve your life in ways you might not expect from a family dentist. For instance, we also provide snoring and sleep apnea solutions in Byron, MN.
With our treatment, you can:
- Wake up feeling refreshed
- Stop keeping your loved ones awake with your snoring
- Get the healthy sleep you deserve
If you frequently wake up feeling tired and your family complains about your snoring, you may have sleep apnea. A custom oral appliance from Northwest Dental Group could solve both those problems. Call 507-315-2968 for an appointment.
Choose a Comfortable, Convenient Sleep Apnea Treatment
Many sleep apnea patients try a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine, which delivers air pressure through a hose and face mask to keep your airway clear. But CPAPs do not always work well – in part because many people find them uncomfortable to wear and end up sleeping without them.
We can fit you for a custom oral appliance from respected brand SomnoDent or ResMed. According to SomnoDent, 91 percent of patients report their sleep quality improves when wearing an appliance. The appliance keeps your airway open by gently moving your jaw forward.
Our appliances offer some important benefits as well:
- Comfort – If needed, you can drink, take medicine, and speak without removing your appliance.
- Durability – Appliances do not have moving parts like CPAP machines, so they can last for many years without being replaced.
- Fit – Your appliance will be custom-made from an impression of your teeth.
- Portability – Unlike a CPAP, you can carry an oral appliance in your pocket when you travel for work or on vacation.
Enjoy Healthy Sleep
Sleep apnea is a condition in which you experience frequent pauses in your breathing as you sleep. It is often caused by an airway that collapses or becomes blocked. It is nearly impossible to get a restful night’s sleep if you have sleep apnea. This condition makes you more likely to snore, too, which affects anyone trying to sleep near you.
For your sake and the sake of the people you love, get help for your symptoms. Get the healthy sleep you need and deserve. We can even connect you with the Mayo Clinic or other area physicians if you need to take a sleep test to confirm your diagnosis.