Three Ways To Invest In Yourself With Dental Implants
When you put money into a 401(k) or mutual fund, you are investing in your financial future. When you refinish the floors and purchase new appliances for the kitchen, you’re investing in your home. Sure, it costs money. In the end, though, you’ll be better off. That’s what investments do.
So when you replace missing teeth with dental implants from our Rochester, MN dental office, you are investing in yourself. These long-lasting, beautiful dental restorations give you replacement teeth with incredible stability and durability. Here are three specific ways dental implants help you.
Investing in dental implants now helps you stay healthy.
When it comes to missing a tooth, there are three general health concerns to be worried about: eating normally, the risk of cavities and gum disease, and bone deterioration.
– When you don’t have all of your teeth, it can be more difficult to eat. Some foods are just hard to bite or chew, such as fruit or tough bread. All of your teeth have specific jobs when eating. If one’s missing, that job is harder to get done. Dental implants are shaped to do the same job as the missing teeth.
– The harmful bacteria behind gum disease and cavities feed off tiny particles of food and drink left in your mouth. When you’re missing a tooth, those tiny particles can get trapped in the space. This can increase your risk of problems. When that space is filled by a dental implant, your risk is no higher than normal.
– Each tooth has a root extending into the jawbone. When you chew, pressure travels down the root and stimulated the bone tissue there. This helps keep the bone healthy and strong. When the root goes missing, so does the stimulation. The bone starts to deteriorate. Dental implants include an artificial root. This helps stimulate the bone tissue and keep it from deteriorating.
Investing in dental implants now can save you money later.
There’s an old saying: You get what you pay for. You might be able to find a cheaper alternative to dental implants, but cheaper is not the same as better. By visiting our Rochester, MN dental office for a dental implant, you can save money in the long-run by skipping cleaners, not repeating the treatment, and avoiding more work in the future.
– Some restorative treatments require special cleaners. Partial dentures are great at replacing lots of teeth, but you’ll likely have to buy denture cleaner on top of toothpaste for your remaining teeth. Dental implants are very close to having a real tooth. You take care of them just like you do any real tooth.
– Nothing lasts forever, but some things last longer than others. Some treatments might need to be replaced in 5-10 years, depending on how well you take care of your dental hygiene. That means you’ll have to pay for a new treatment to replace the old one. Dental implants can last 20 years or more. Which sounds like it saves you more money: one treatment or several?
– Getting a dental implant is a routine procedure. It’s also singular, meaning you shouldn’t need to get work done on nearby teeth. Dental bridges also replace teeth, but these usually require a pair of dental crowns. That two extra treatments that need to be done just for one replacement.
Investing in dental implants now improves your appearance and confidence.
For some, it’s easy to discount how you look. That said, knowing you look good improves your self-esteem and confidence. Try wearing a great suit to your next interview and you’ll see what we mean. But when you’re missing a tooth, you could have problems. When you get a dental implant, you can restore how your face should look, help your smile look great again, and improve your self-esteem.
– Your lips have a certain shape due to the teeth underneath them. When you lose teeth, that shape changes. It can be subtle, but it’s probably something you’ll notice when you look in the mirror. Dental implants return your lips to how they should look by returning the underlying structure you used to have.
– Gaps in your smile simply do not look good. Missing teeth can make an otherwise great smile look damaged or even painful. When you replace a missing tooth with a dental implant, your smile is back to how it should look. And because the replacement tooth is colored to match your existing teeth, it will look natural as well.
– Sometimes, just knowing you look good can improve your self-esteem and confidence. It’s like when you get a new haircut that you know looks great. When you finally replace that missing tooth with a dental implant, you know you look better. That helps you feel better about yourself.
As you can see, dental implants can help with much more than just a lost tooth. To schedule your next appointment for dental implants, call us today at 507-216-6252.