If you want to straighten your teeth but are concerned it will be difficult to keep your smile beautiful and healthy with traditional braces on, we have a great alternative for you. To learn about the many perks of Invisalign, including how easy it is to clean your teeth during treatment, call Northwest Dental Group at 507-315-2932 to book a consultation with us.
We provide so many patients with this innovative clear aligner system each year that our Rochester, MN dental practice has earned the distinction of being an Invisalign Premier Provider! Thanks to our extensive experience with straightening teeth, we’ll be able to come up with a treatment plan that will be as effective and efficient as possible.
We can even use our Invisalign Outcome Simulator to figure out how long your treatment will take and show you a preview of what your smile will look like when you’re all done straightening your teeth!
Below, we’ll explain why maintaining oral hygiene while using Invisalign is so simple, but for now, here are some other perks of this orthodontic treatment for you to consider:
- No one will be able to tell you’re getting your teeth straightened because your aligners will be transparent and fit your teeth precisely
- You can take out your aligners for meals and special occasions if you want ultimate peace of mind that no one will notice
- In many cases, patients with minor alignment issues are able to achieve the smile they want in less time than with traditional braces
- Because they are made of smooth plastic, the aligners you’ll use will be far more comfortable than the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces
If you are self-conscious about crooked teeth and other flaws in your smile, you can even combine the Invisalign system with other cosmetic dentistry options to design your own comprehensive smile makeover. For example, many patients choose to brighten their smile with professional teeth whitening once their chompers are straight and properly aligned.
For your convenience, we:
- Open early at 7:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, stay late until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and offer other extended hours as well
- Accept a variety of payment options and provide a 5% discount on all services if you pay-in-full with checks or cash or check on the day of service
- Have two locations in Rochester, MN with eight dentists and many team members to serve you
Maintain Simple Oral Hygiene Habits While Using Invisalign
Unlike traditional metal braces that stay on your teeth during the entire treatment process, you can remove your Invisalign aligners for meals, special events, and for oral hygiene purposes. So long as you wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day, you should still achieve the results you want without any trouble.
To keep your mouth healthy and your smile gorgeous while you are using a removable aligner system, you just need to maintain the same recommended oral health habits that you normally would.
At least twice a day, you should take out your aligners and brush your teeth for two minutes each time using a soft-bristled toothbrush and an ADA-recommended toothpaste. Be sure to brush in small circles and clean every tooth in your mouth as well as your gums, tongue, and the roof of your mouth.
At a minimum, you should also floss between all of your teeth at least once a day. If you’d like some pointers on technique, just let us know. We’ll help you go from a flossing skeptic to a seasoned oral health star!
If you want to or are recommended by an oral health professional, you can also use an ADA-recommended mouthwash or rinse to clean your mouth.
Because you simply cannot give your mouth the deep clean that a professional dentist can, you should also visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. Not only will we thoroughly clean your teeth, we’ll also check to see if everything is going as planned and catch any signs of problems while the issues are still easily managed.
We want to help you turn your dream smile into a reality and we are proud to offer this convenient option to straighten your teeth.
If you’d like to take advantage of the many perks that removable Invisalign offers, give Northwest Dental Group a call at 507-315-2932. You can also swing by one of our two Rochester, MN dentist offices in person during business hours or use our online form to schedule or ask a friendly team member questions.