There are times when how something looks is very important. If you go shopping and see a great dress, you won’t buy it if you notice it’s stained or frayed. That’s because you can easily feel embarrassed thinking about how people will see you in that dress. You can always not buy it, but what do you do when the cosmetic problem is with your smile?
That’s where a smile makeover works wonders. This is a plan to address all of the cosmetic problems with your smile. Do you have stains, a gummy smile, and several crooked teeth? You can get a smile makeover with teeth whitening, gum reshaping, and Invisalign. But is getting a winning smile really worth it? Here are five ways that a smile makeover can improve your life.
1. You can finally move past bad memories of an injury or accident. Sometimes, the reason you need a smile makeover is you had a traumatic accident or injury. If a hockey puck hit you in the mouth, that could easily cause damage. The same for getting into a car accident or even having a bad fall. The problem is more than just cosmetic, though. Each time you look at your teeth in the mirror, the memories of that accident can come flooding back. You see the chips and crooked teeth, and you remember the trauma.
A smile makeover is designed to fix all of the cosmetic dentistry problems with your smile. Whether you need replacement teeth, dental crowns, or dental veneers, your smile can look great again. Once you have corrected the cosmetic problems, you won’t relive the accident every time you look at your teeth.
2. Your colleagues at work can listen to you more often. In a perfect world, you are only judged at work based on your performance. If you do good work and help the company, you can expect to get more responsibilities and better positions. But in the real world, you know that’s not entirely true. How you look can affect how other people see you. It can even affect how much people pay attention to you when you speak up at meetings. After all, if your colleague had a mouth full of stained and chipped teeth, how seriously would you take him?
When you correct the cosmetic problems with your own smile, things can change at work. It won’t suddenly make you work better or anything like that. However, people like talking to someone with a winning smile. At meetings, you can be more likely to get and keep people’s attention. Colleagues will also want to speak with you more.
3. Your self-esteem and confidence can go up. Imagine showing up to the first parent-teacher conference of the school year. As you wait your turn to talk to the teacher, you notice there’s this huge mustard stain on your shirt. That has nothing to do with talking about your child, but you’ll probably feel very self-conscious when you get into the classroom. It’s easy to get embarrassed about how you look, and that saps your self-esteem and confidence. When you know your smile looks bad, the same thing can happen.
Smile makeovers get rid of the problems and make your smile look incredible. Instead of being embarrassed, you’ll be proud. Knowing how great your teeth look can improve your self-esteem and confidence.
4. You can take years off your smile. Everyone should be proud of their age. That’s not what this is about. But being happy with who you are is not the same thing as settling for not liking how you look. That’s why there are a lot of products out there that can help us look a little younger. We eat antioxidant foods, get the right amount of sleep, and more so we don’t look older than we are. It can even make things easier for when we’re looking for a date. Over the years, your teeth can collect stains, chips, and more that make your smile look old. And when that looks old, you can look old as well.
When you finish the cosmetic dentistry treatments as part of the smile makeover, your smile will look years younger. Teeth whitening and dental veneers can eliminate stains, and Invisalign clear aligners can give you straight, even teeth. When your smile looks younger, so will you.
5. Your teeth and gums can be healthier. The cosmetic dentistry treatments that make up a smile makeover will do a great job and making your smile look amazing. But some can help your smile become healthier as well. Some cosmetic problems can lead to more serious ones. Misaligned teeth can cause uneven wearing on your enamel when you bite down. Chips and cracks can get worse over time. It’s entirely possible to get an infection in your tooth this way.
Invisalign helps even out your smile. This means your enamel won’t get worse worn spots. Dental veneers seal up damage, so chips and cracks won’t get worse. Both of these will make your smile look wonderful, but they can also help keep you healthier.
If you are ready to do something to make your smile look great again, call us today at 507-315-2932.