3 Reasons Why Dental Bridges Can Be Perfect For You
You see your smile in the mirror, and you can’t help but stare at that gap. It doesn’t matter how you lost that tooth anymore because the empty space really stands out. But a lost tooth is more than just a cosmetic issue. You could be facing dental health problems as well.
That’s why you need to call our Rochester, MN dental office today at 507-216-6252 and schedule an appointment for a dental bridge. This restorative treatment can fill that gap and make your smile look amazing again. And with our dentists’ training and expertise, you can get a dental bridge procedure done safely and quickly.
The Problems From A Missing Tooth
Some people try to tough out problems. If they hurt their knee, they won’t go to the doctor. Instead, they live with it and hope it goes away at some point. That’s rarely a good idea, and even less so with dentistry. When you have a gap in your smile, you’re facing several issues:
- Tiny food particles can get trapped in that space, increasing your risk of gum disease and cavities on the nearby teeth.
- Tough and chewy foods can be harder to eat and enjoy, especially if something sharp hits the gums in that gap.
- Your other teeth begin to grow crooked since they lost the support of that missing tooth.
- Because you know your smile looks worse, you can have trouble feeling confident or making good first impressions.
Dental Bridges Explained
When you have a gap in your smile, you need a replacement sooner rather than later. That’s why you need a dental bridge. This dental restoration uses a natural-looking but durable replacement tooth held firmly in that space.
At our Rochester, MN dental office, you can get two different kinds of dental bridges: fixed and implant-secured.
- A fixed bridge places a dental crown over the teeth on either side of the space. Then the replacement tooth is bonded to those crowns in just the right position within that gap.
- With an implant-secured bridge, you get the same replacement tooth. But instead of bonding it to dental crowns, it’s held securely by a dental implant placed in your jaw.
How A Dental Bridge Can Help You
1. Fixed bridges are more affordable compared to dental implants.
A dental implant can be used to replace a missing tooth. However, this requires oral surgery. This can make that dental restoration more expensive because surgery is complicated and requires a lot of tools and preparation.
By calling us today at 507-216-6252, you can get a fixed dental bridge instead. These do not require oral surgery, so they are normally more affordable than other replacement options.
2. Dental bridges give you more confidence and self-esteem.
There’s a reason the phrase, “gap-toothed smile” sounds bad. When you have a dark, empty spot on your smile, it’s very noticeable — and not in a good way. People will wonder how you lost the tooth and why you haven’t taken care of it yet.
Call Northwest Dental Group today and make an appointment for a dental bridge. Whether you go with a fixed bridge or an implant-secured bridge, you can regain some confidence and boost your self-esteem. That’s because you’ll have a complete smile again, and you’ll know how much better your smile looks.
3. Fixed bridges do not require any oral surgery.
Oral surgery is routine and safe, but it can be expensive. It can also require a lot of downtime to heal from it. But our dentists can use a fixed bridge to replace your lost tooth. Since this does not require surgery, you will spend less time waiting for that spot to heal and more time enjoying your complete smile.
Call us TODAY at 507-216-6252 or use our online form to schedule your next appointment for a dental crown. Because our team has such training and practical experience, you can get a fixed bridge or implant-secured bridge quickly and efficiently.