If you snore, neither you nor other members of your household may get a good night’s rest. While that’s bad enough, you may be endangering your health if your snoring is caused by sleep apnea. Researchers have linked apnea to many serious conditions, including heart disease. To save your sleep, and your health, see us for snoring and sleep apnea solutions in Rochester.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Help you and other members of your household rest more soundly
- Lessen your risk of apnea-related conditions like high blood pressure and stroke
- Give you an alternative to treatment with a CPAP machine
- Help you awaken feeling refreshed, without a sore throat or headache
- Reduce daytime fatigue, so you’re more focused and alert
If your snoring keeps you and your loved ones awake, call us today at 507-315-2932. If you aren’t sleeping well, mention it at your next dental exam so our dentists can check for signs of sleep apnea.
CPAP vs. Sleep Apnea Appliance: Find the One That’s Right for You
Sleep apnea is often caused by an airway that collapses or becomes blocked while you sleep, which creates frequent pauses in your breathing. To keep your airway open as you sleep, you can use a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine or an oral appliance. A CPAP keeps it open with air pressure you take in through a hose and face mask. An appliance moves your jaw into a position that keeps the airway clear.
Our dentists will make impressions of your teeth to fit you for a custom oral appliance from respected brand SomnoDent or ResMed. Many sleep apnea sufferers find an oral appliance:
- More Comfortable Than a CPAP – With an appliance, you can drink and speak without removing it. There’s no mask to rub against your face.
- More Durable Than a CPAP – Without mechanical parts or a motor, an appliance can last for many years without being replaced.
- Easier to Use Than a CPAP – With no need for batteries or electricity, you can use an appliance anywhere.