Many people want a straighter smile, but almost no one likes the idea of spending years wearing metal braces. Fortunately, our team offers Invisalign in Rochester. While traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to straighten teeth, the Invisalign system uses transparent plastic aligners instead.Kerri S Talks about her invisalign experience Read Transcript
I first started off as a mystery patient. So I had filled out some paperwork and came in and she didn't know I was in. And then I critiqued that person who did it. And then I talked to Dr. Post about having a tooth corrected, and she said I was a candidate for the Invisalign. So I went through with that. And my son was getting married, so I wanted it done before the wedding.
The Invisalign process was easy except for all the pictures they have to take when you do the Invisalign process. But once I got into the Invisalign, it went quickly and was easy to wear. I didn't mind them except for, you know, your mouth get a little irritated and things like that. But it was worth every minute of it, you know, being able to ...
My kids always used to make fun of me because I wouldn't smile, and now I will smile. My Invisalign time commitment started ... was about nine months. We kind of did it quicker. I had a son getting married, so we wanted to have it done in time for the wedding. Start to finish was nine months.
My confidence change was huge. I'll actually smile now, and I will show my teeth and not be afraid to ... in pictures, I actually have a smile now.
Compared to conventional braces, Invisalign aligners offer:
- An Inconspicuous Appearance – Since the aligners are made of clear plastic, many people won’t even be aware you’re wearing them. You needn’t worry about having a mouth full of metal at a big sales presentation or on a first date.
- Convenient Care – Since you can remove Invisalign aligners, it’s simple to keep them – and your teeth – clean. You’ll be able to easily remove food particles from your teeth with brushing and flossing. Aligners can also be removed for athletic activities, so you don’t have to worry about damage if you’re hit in the mouth during play.
- Dietary Freedom – Since aligners can be removed for meals, you can eat whatever you’d like with no worries about food getting stuck in wires. Eat anything you want, even a popcorn ball or corn-on-the-cob.
- Faster Treatment – The average Invisalign treatment time for adults is 12 months, which means potentially faster results than with braces.
- Less Dental Intervention – With Invisalign treatment, you’ll likely need fewer office visits so we can check your progress. Plus, there aren’t any uncomfortable adjustments! Normally, a quick checkup every four to six weeks is all that’s required.
Invisalign treatment is a popular cosmetic dentistry solution. Let our experienced dentists determine if it’s right for your smile! Call Northwest Dental Group today at 507-216-6252 to schedule a consultation.
Trust Your Smile to an Experienced Invisalign Practice
Many dental practices offer Invisalign treatment. Yet not all are as experienced as Northwest Dental Group. As an Invisalign Premier Provider, we work with at least 50 patients every year. With their experience, our dentists design a treatment plan that will give you a straight smile with a minimum of hassle in as little time as possible. We also use an Invisalign Outcome Simulator, digital technology that not only helps us determine the length of your treatment but also lets you see what your new and improved smile will look like!Dr Sperling Talks about Invisilign Read Transcript
We do offer Invisalign in our practice now. All the providers in the practice are currently certified to do Invisalign, and it is a wonderful option. It's usually a little bit less expensive than conventional orthodontics, although it depends on the length of time the patient has to be in that. Each case is a little bit different, so there needs to be a consultation before any recommendations can be made.
Your treatment starts with digital X-rays and impressions of your teeth. Instead of messy goo in your mouth to make impressions, we use digital technology. We send the information to a special lab that uses it to manufacture your custom-made orthodontic aligners.
You wear each set of aligners for one or two weeks, then move to the next set. Over time, they gently shift your teeth into straight alignment. Every month or so, you’ll visit our office so our dentists can monitor your treatment.
Invisalign for Teens Offers Special Features for Young People
So, who's a good candidate for Invisalign? Everybody. And honestly, it's the most amazing thing. It’s the easy, quick way. In like six weeks, you can totally transform how you look. And people judge you by how that smile looks and how clean it looks, and in a short amount of time, Invisalign can really correct that without having to wear braces. I've done really complicated cases with Invisalign. I've done really easy cases with Invisalign. A lot of it depends on the patient and how compliant they are with wearing their trays, but it's a fun thing to see the transformation.
- Indicators – Aligners should be worn 20 to 22 hours a day for best results. Invisalign Teen aligners have indicators that remind teens when to change to new ones – and to help parents and dentists monitor wearing time.
- Free Aligner Replacement – With the Invisalign for Teens program, you can receive free aligners to replace lost ones.
For Invisalign in Rochester, call 507-216-6252.